Abrasives - Honing Stones, Diamond Stones, Sunnen Abrasives
- Vitreous bonded
- Aluminum Oxide
- Silicon Carbide
- Engine Block
- Tube honing
- Gear honing
Abrasive Honing Stones
Honing stones from Bates Technologies are engineered and manufactured to optimize the performance of a variety of finishing processes. The abrasive stones are produced in our facility using a proprietary process and specialty bonds. We adhere to strict quality control procedures to give you consistent results time after time.
- Conventional Microabrasives – Our Vitrified and Resin bonds using aluminum oxide and silicon carbide are superior for cutting steel, iron, monel, stainless, cast iron, non-ferrous materials and plastic.
- Superabrasives – Our stones of Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) accelerate stock removal and maintain a long abrasive life in ferrous material. Our Diamond stones, in turn, are excellent with cast iron, chrome and carbide.
- Honing Stones for use in Sunnen and Other Machines – Designed to fit standard Sunnen and other honing machines.
- Production Honing Stones – Created for specification for high volume applications.
- MicroMold® Abrasives -- Encapsulated in plastic to extend the life of the honing tool.
Our products are created for the following machines:
- General Hone
- Jones and Shipman