CNC Microhone System
The Microhone® CNC Tooling and Abrasive System from Bates has provided superior results on compressor housings, engine blocks, hydraulic valve housings gears and other parts.
The CNC machining system uses agile or cellular manufacturing, confirming the abilities of machining centers in higher volume production. The system allows for the smooth flow of processing workpieces from one operation to another, eliminating the wait time or need for handling between operations typical of transfer lines.
The CNC system, a rapidly evolving machining technology, is now surpassing conventional honing as the preferred process for finishing the inside diameter of a part.
Key Advantages of the Microhone CNC® Tooling and Abrasive System
- Quality production potential at six sigma levels
- Ability to handle critical size control and surface finish requirements
- May be adapted for most CNC machining centers
- Part remains fixed, eliminating part alignment issues related to multiple setups
- Allows for use of environmentally-friendly coolants
- Flexibility to quickly change tool for limited quantities and minimal process interruption